• Create your own happiness.

    Purple Beauty


    So, I just realized that the Walmart next to my house had orchids for cheap! Even though it was freezing outside, winter dryness had set in the home, and the already weak-looking orchids were prone to bud blast....i found this one gem that had over a dozen buds on one stalk! 

    Unfortunately, most fell off from bud blast but here is a picture of the purple beauty.


    Canadian winters do dampen orchid growing but overall, its going well! A new stem is growing on one plant, most have root growth, and  I have a couple in bloom!  Hope that the upcoming summer brings even more colour for everyone :)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    A photoblog of my favourite hobbies: collecting orchids, traveling, and eating. Just a tidbit of what makes me happy :)

    Blogroll