• Create your own happiness.

    New spike growing on my rescue orchid!


    So two weeks ago I bought a "rescue" orchid at half off from Loblaws.  I say "rescue" in quotation marks because it was actually very healthy, other than the fact that someone had broken off the ends of both its spikes!  



    However, the sale section for flowers is a sorry shelf in a shady part of the store where a lowered ceiling blocks all the light from reaching the plants.  

    Either way, I brought it home and cut off the spike above the top-most node (sadly, the other spike I had to remove completely because it had been broken off too low) and only a couple days later, a new side spike started growing!





    Youpiiii!  Can't wait to see what colour the mystery blooms are ;)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    A photoblog of my favourite hobbies: collecting orchids, traveling, and eating. Just a tidbit of what makes me happy :)

    Blogroll