• Create your own happiness.

    The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly


    An update on my orchids....

    The good: Many of them are still growing tons of roots and starting to grow spikes.  Only two have no bud growth.

    The good: I bought two new orchids....excitingly, they are species I ran into by fluke at Loblaws...cymbidiums!  Apparently they only sell them once or twice a year. For a hefty fifty bucks, I couldn't resist taking one (cough two!) home.  They. Are. Huge. See my collection below.  



    I also got 4 other new orchids, 3 minis and another yellow that you can kind of see in bloom in the above picture.  I'll post close ups of them later in a separate post though.

    The bad: I had to come to my senses as there was just not enough room for the both cattleyas so I had to return the pink one :(

    I the secondary spike of my mini somehow fell off while watering and it hasn't grown anything new since.


    No more baby spike :(

    I also broke another spike...off my favourite yellow orchid!!! It was showing very few signs of, well, anything but finally a tiny spike started developing.  Unfortunately, the pot was accidentally knocked over by a family member and it broke! I was extremely upset....but I think it may be growing a new spike already! Too early to tell though. Just to remind you of how beautiful this orchid is, and why I was so devastated when the spike broke:





    The ugly: That means I have broken a total of THREE spikes by accident so far :( :( :( Be careful with those things, they are delicate!    



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    A photoblog of my favourite hobbies: collecting orchids, traveling, and eating. Just a tidbit of what makes me happy :)

    Blogroll