• Create your own happiness.

    Better Care, Better Blooms


    Dear readers,

    I would just like to show you the difference between the blooms on my green orchid!  So when I bought this one, it was unhealthy.  There were brown spots on the leaves, the petals were browning at the edges...but it was growing new buds!  So when those finally bloomed at home, I was semi-surprised to see that what others say online is true: better care really does make for more beautiful blooms.

    In the picture, you can really see how the darker, richer, and larger bloom was the one that opened at home after I had changed the medium and cleaned it up.  Since it was fully in sphagnum moss, I switched half of it to mixed bark so that the roots wouldn't rot...once the blooms fall off I will convert the whole pot to bark.



    The difference is really obvious huh? Just thought it was something cool to show you guys ;)  Happy orchid growing!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    A photoblog of my favourite hobbies: collecting orchids, traveling, and eating. Just a tidbit of what makes me happy :)

    Blogroll